Friday, March 16, 2007

Egg Pulusu and Long beans Stir Fry

Egg Pulusu

We use a term called "Scrap-Lifting" in scrapbooking. When you create a layout inspired by some one else's it's called scrap-lifting ( you do give credit to the original). I think this can be applied to cooking as well. Today I got inspired by this recipe from Masalamagic.

I made the following changes to it though. I had a bottle gourd(aanapakaya) that I had to use otherwise it would die:). So I cut into big chunks, boiled it and added to the recipe:).

Added ginger garlic paste instead of garlic and ginger separately ( I am all about quick and easy cooking).

Make sure you dry grind the khus khus first. It tends to blend in faster that way.

Beans and Potato Stir fry
This is a very simple recipe I created when I was forced to cook without onions for a pooja long time ago.

Ingredients:
Long beans - 1 lb - cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Small white potatoes - 4 cut into small pieces
Turmeric - Pinch
Red chilli powder - 2 tsps.
Salt - to taste
Oil - as needed

Procedure:
Boil the green beans in salt water till they are soft. Right when you are ready to turn the stove off for the beans, add potatoes to it, turn the stove off and cover it with a lid. Remove the lid and drain the vegetables.

Heat oil in a pan. Add the beans and potatoes and fry on low for 5 minutes. Add turmeric and chilli powder. Stir for 5 more minutes. Remover from fire and serve with hot rice.

No comments: