Monday, July 7, 2008

I need a favor...

I have a cookbook fetish so to speak :). I have all sorts of books from mark Bitmann to Mallika Badrinath. However, I am looking for some South-Indian cook books. I have very few in this category and would like to expand. Do you guys have any suggestions? If you can send me some links as to the titles that would be really great.

I seem to have more vegeterian than non-veg.

"Malati Chandur's cook book (it's written in telugu)
"Samayal"
Bunch of Mallika Badrinath's books.

Thank you :).

2 comments:

shankar said...

"Curried Favors: Family Recipes from South India" by Maya Kaimal

this book has served us very well in the last few years. Love the recipes.

Swarna said...

I too love cookbooks but I ma vegetarain here are some suggestions:

"Simply south" is good.
All Meenakshi ammal books are good
Also try smaller publications if u want authentic south indian dishes

I think there are Books now on non-veg by mallika badrinath
I also heard chef jacob recipes r good.

--Swar28