Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Quick Mint Chutney

I got this recipe from my friend Saritha. She makes it with mint, tomatoes and green chillies. I added coriander to this. This tastes good with parathas or snacks. I am planning to use this in making curries and such. I used thai red chillies . 4 of them added a nice spicy kick to it.

Ingredients:
Mint - 2 bunches washed and leaves taken apart.
Coriander - 2 bunches washed and leaves taken apart
Chillies - 4 to 6 chopped fine
Tomatoes - 1 small roughly chopped
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tsps.

Procedure:

- Heat oil in a pan
- Add chillies, mint and coriander.
- Saute till the leaves wilt.
- Add tomatoes and turn of the stove ( do not cook the tomatoes).
- Let it cool
- grind it to a smooth consistency adding little water if needed
- Store in the fridge or divide it in ice-trays and freeze them.

1 comment:

Pooja said...

thats something i never made , with tomato in it, is it possible to store it for few days or more ?