Sunday, July 22, 2007

Really! You cook cucumbers?

Yes, I do cook cucumbers instead of eating them just in salads or raw. I usually make lentil stew or a quick stir fry but decided to do something different tonight. I needed to whip up quick dinner and I had onions, peppers and some left over cucumbers in my fridge and frozen rice noodles in the freezer. The result? Check it out.

Ingredients:
Pack of frozen rice noodles - This variety is the one I picked up in Indian grocery store. It's called idiappam ;)
Red onion - 1/4 cup chopped fine
Green bell peppers - 1/4 cup chopped fine
Cucumber - 1/4 cup chopped fine
Green chillies - 2 minced
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - pinch
Turmeric - pinch
Paprika - 1 tsp.
salt - to taste
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp.
oil - as needed

Procedure:
Heat oil ina pan. Add cumin, Asafoetida, turmeric, paprika, and green chillies. After 30 seconds, add onion, peppers and cucumber.Add salt and saute till veggies are soft. Add lemon juice and thawed or defrosted noodles. Mix and serve hot.

No comments: