Monday, May 7, 2007

Stir Fried Cucumber

This is such an easy fast recipe and soooo good. I was bored with just plain cucumbers in my salad so I usually make this a s a side.

Ingredients:

Cucumber - 1 seedless ( or deseded if you get a regular one) - cubed
Soy sauce - 1 tsp
Red chilli flakes - 1 tsp
Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 Tbsp

Procedure:

Heat oil in a pan. It should be almost at the point of smoking. Add red chilli flakes and immediately add cucumbers. Keep the flame on high. Stir it for 30 seconds. Add salt, soy sauce and garlic powder. Stir it for 30 more seconds. Turn the stove off and voila your dish is ready:).

You can add fresh garlic instead of garlic powder too. I also make different versions of this. Today I made it with a splash of lemon juice and it tasted just fine. You can even try adding fresh asparagus or some baby bok choy too.

No comments: